From:
MosherLin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 00:46:10 EST
I hope someone out there can shed some light on a situation my daughter is
having with her 3 month old son.

Occasionally there is some blood in the stool.  Bright red so from the end of
the gi tract.  This happened a few times when he was new-born and the dr.
wasn't concerned at the time.  Now she has gone back to work part time and it
has happened a couple of times again.  He is receiving nothing but  ebm at the
day care provider's house and he is only there about 4 hours before his dad
picks him up.  Could it be anything to do with feeding, allergy, straining
with bm, etc?  Is it more likely to be from  something physical?  How about
stress from being left, or excessive crying?  I told her to keep a log, check
him carefully for any rash, tear in the skin, etc., and have the sitter set
aside any diapers with bloodin them so she can see what it looks like.  Any
other ideas,  I'm at a loss at this point.

Linda Mosher, LLLL, Kalamazoo, MI