Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:45:54 -0500
I just want my lactnet pals to be aware while reccomending these books that
in Ezzo circles there's a smear campaign on the good doctor.  Supposedly he
lost his christian faith due to his cancer struggle, isn't a christian
anymore, and several of his kids have gone off the rails... all blatant
lies, but that's what's being preached in Ezzo circles, so you may want to
very recently date any Sears + Christianity info you give out so they don't
just think you're out of date.  And of course mention "I don't know if
you've heard of Bill Sears, the Christian Pediatrician who has 5 sons 2 of
whom are also doctors, one of whom practices with him? and has an
incredible faith which brought him through his cancer ordeal?"  Yah... you
get the drift...

My question of the week:  why is it always *Christians* who get the rotten
apples?  Dobson, Ezzo, even Rosemond gets into the whole "from a christian
perspective" idea sometimes.  How come we never see people who are "Islamic
Parenting Experts" or "Jewish Parenting Gurus" or "Wiccan Parenting for a
New Millenium" or "How to Parent an Atheist Child"?  I feel sorry for
Christians when their most popular loud mouths are people like Ezzo... :-/

Oh and one last babble, if this is in your church DON'T be afraid to talk
to your pastor about it with a Dr. Aney packet in hand!  Many people have
reported going to their pastors, showing them what the program actually WAS
and having it removed.  It seems many see the title "GKGW" and that it's a
"Christian" program used by many teachers and selling at mainstream
bookstores and just nod at it.

-Wendey (studying LC in Montreal and breastfeeding peer support counsellor)