From:
Diana Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:41:34 -0400
These are some random musings in response to the ongoing discussion about
breasts, lactation and eroticism...

...bonobos mate en face also, (among other positions according to my
daughter who studied them in a psychology class)...I thought that of all the
animals, only humans, bonobos and dolphins had sex for fun and not just
suring estrus for reproduction-interesting that the bonobos have
protruberant breasts...of course dolphins don't...
Desmond Morris, in his book The Naked Ape proposed the theory that breasts
in humans were designed to mimic the round buttocks as man went from walking
on all fours to upright [!]...(what's your opinion, Kathy of this theory?)
you've probably all seen cats of all ages "kneading" (like they do when
nursing to get their mother's milk flowing) and sometimes even suckling
obviously with great sensual pleasure...(my cat once even started sucking on
my finger-and I didn't feel his sharp kitty teeth, I've seen other cats
drool and suck on cloth while kneading),

the vet my daughter takes her cats to has a pair of cats (Juan and Juanita);
when Juanita had kittens, Juan nuzzled right in and joined his kittens in
nursing with great gusto!

one of the slides that I show in my breastfeeding class is of a woman with
severely engorged breasts...the class always thinks that it is a slide of
someone with implants-the exagerrated kind...isn't it interesting that the
"desired" effect of implants is to make breasts look like milk-laden
breasts?

every species and every culture has its quirks...

Diana, in hot and humid SC