From:
Evi Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 00:04:20 GMT
Barbara- tell Emily that at least 1100 people are proud of her.

Why am I not amazed that a mother of 6 or 7 children may have a diminished milk supply? I would have a diminished everything supply. Now if I had at least two people to help at home..........

Gee Jan, now you tell me babies have no allergies, bad enough I just learned that they grow in a cabbage patch, now this. What next - open your closet door and LET OUT A SCREAM FOR ME AS WELL!!!!!!! YOU CAN ADD YOUR OWN EPITHS - here in the Bronx we just curse or call people by the body parts they resemble. Happy Birthday from one who doesn't remember fifty  very well and  who tries to  ignore it.

Linda and all- after reading your letter to the magazine - it seems like we are all writing to protest these types of things, maybe we can generate a few statements/letters when such a situation occurs and blast the jerks. Marsha W. haven't we  been throwing this media watch on you via ILCA?

 Think of all of this power we have going here - I already feel I have to clean up my act knowing that Dr. Gartner is back with us.

Pat Drazin - I like the part about 'pacis living in the mouth but paci is like a cute word - I say THE PLUG. The reason for the plug is to shut the kid up. If you shut the kid up enough times the kid will remain shut up internally and externally and by the time all the psycho stuff comes out maybe mom will be far enough away not to worry. This is another reason for a national movement to have parents be licensed. Is anyone familiar with Barbara Carlson(?) from the Minneapolis area?? If so please write in about her - there was part of a news segment about her, she has a radio show and is super outspoken and thinks parents should be licensed -I thought she was great - charter member of the Wise WOman's Club. These are the type of people we should connect up with - bet you she would have one of our Netnuts  on her show.

three days away from the NET and I was suffering from withdrawl symptoms.

I can't think of took much religious type stuff besides what has already been said adopted to a more universal view -  I usually say things like if God didn't want dust he/she wouldn't have made it for me to find in your house. Basically with the minorly brainwashed by the white coats or the religious beliefs I just try ato ask mothers who really knows the baby best?  etc, and go on from there once the light bulb goes on and the mother knows that she is IT - this also could be a form of denial when giving all of this over to another authority.

Am wandering as usualy - we should all have a good week and dare to be great (unless your horoscope told you to quiet it down)

EVI