From:
Jane Kershaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:10:17 -0500
We just opened our expanded, re-designed NICU.  There are privacy curtains
around most beds to allow for breastfeeding or kangarooing.  There is a
breastfeeding/pumping area, a kids play room that can double as another quiet
nursing area.  It ain't perfect, but it's better.  We have ordered a small
love seat for the Breastfeeding Area to accomodate twins, larger women and
more comfortable positioning.  We have a large breast milk freezer and
smaller refrigerators.  We are using colored-top plastic shoeboxes to
organize mom's frozen milk.  We have hot files on the walls of the
breastfeeding area for hand-outs on Going Home from NICU, Increasing Your
Supply, How to Pump Effectively, Storage Guidelines, etc.  We have a bulletin
board for relevant articles and pictures of our graduates.  It's looking
good!
Jane Kershaw