From:
Pascoes in Dubai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:38:50 +0400
This is a tricky issue here where almost all drugs are available over the
counter no questions asked, Domperidone included.
If I was practicing here I would feel very concerned about giving a patient
any kind of drug info for fear they would go down to the nearest pharmacy
and self-medicate.

And about the prescribing herbs issues-It worries me that there seems a lack
of consistency in this aspect of IBCLC practicing standards. On the one hand
there are beliefs that information about herbs are within our scope but on
the other hand there is the succinct legal section on the use of herbs in
ILCA Core Curriculum for Lactation Consultant Practice, the same book that
in earlier chapters by other authors promotes the use of herbs.   As a new
IBCLC I feel no reassurance about this issue either way, especially when
many prominent texts disagree.
Meg Kingsley IBCLC
Dubai UAE

---