From:
Debbie Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 20:43:24 -0700
I just read a 1994 letter to JHL earlier today that said that bcp's as well
as low calcium/magnesium can contribute to Raynauds.  You can find it in the
JHL archives by searching for "Hormones, mineral imbalance, and nipple
vasospasms: A relationship?"  The letter suggests discontinuing bcp's (which
may have also contributed to her decreased supply) if applicable, and taking
2000mg of calcium and 1000mg of magnesium in divided doses throughout the
day.  Other articles regarding vasospasms suggest that the winter weather
often contributes to the symptoms and that the same dyad might not have any
difficulties if it were July and not January.

I have read in a breastfeeding textbook (can't recall which one) that a
cotton ball soaked in olive oil and inserted inside the bra at the nipple,
between feedings, helps to keep the tissue supple and less likely to create
blebs.

How about ultrasound for treatment?

HTH,

Debbie Gillespie, LLLL, IBCLC