Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:35:04 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Jean,
    I have worked with several moms who have had this problem. One in particular had her 6th baby when I saw her for the 1st time. She had nursed all babies. # 1,2 & 3 went well. #4 was slow weight gain initially but did go on to nurse well. #5 was significant failure to thrive and she had to quit after about 6 weeks. This baby, #6 could hardly surround the nipple also gagging. We discussed what was happening. After trying to nurse for 3-4 days, Mom finally decided to pump and bottle feed until baby got big enough to get around the nipples. We kept in touch and even by 4 months he could not get around the nipple. I believe she pumped 6 months and bottle fed. She was at least happy to know there was a reason for the weight problems with the 4th & 5th. 
       My name is Jane Lowe. I have been an OB nurse for 25+ years, working a lot with breastfeeding during those years and have been certified since 1987. I work full time as an LC in a hospital in Minneapolis.  I have tried to communicate on Lactnet over the last 3+ years I have been around Lactnet without success so here goes again.
    If this goes through, I'm sure I will share more soon. 
Jane Lowe, RN, IBCLC
(13 degrees below zero this morning)

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2