From:
Judy Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:46:32 -0800
I thought I had posted this study URL to Lactnet when I found it, but doing
an archive search I could not verify it.  Periods returning early as 6 weeks
are not due to pacifier use or no nighttime breastfeedings but predicted by
measurable hormone levels at 38 weeks in pregnancy.

This happened to my daughter who made valiant efforts to feed at night and
did not
ever give a pacifier.  It may be hereditary as child spacing of her paternal
grandmother was close--4 children birthed in 3 years even while
breastfeeding.
Judy Ritchie

CONCLUSION: At 38 weeks gestation, the ratio PRL/oestradiol identified all
individual women according to the subsequent duration of their lactational
amenorrhoea, suggesting that duration of lactational amenorrhoea is
conditioned during pregnancy.

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/16/12/2540