Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 20:34:57 EST
I love sharing "good news ".  In the Dec.15, 1997 issue of US NEWS there is an
article titled: "Got mother's milk?" page 79-81.
The article gives reference to the new AAP recommendation of breastfeeding a
baby for at least one year.
The article centers around the working mom, how she can express and store her
milk, companies that have very supportive breastfeeding policies, what the
desmial statistics of US breastfeeding rates and some of the negative hurdels
women have to encounter.
My husband read the article and is ready to campaign for higher breastfeeding
rates. He was funny, he has lived with me for over 23 years and agrees with
what I do but I have never seen him get politically involved.
I highly recommend reading this article and I plan to send a positive note to
US NEWS.  Their web site is http://www.usnews.com
Editorial offices: 2400 N Street, N W., Washington, DC 20037-1196.
Ann Perry