From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:53:58 -0500
Hi Dede,

At our hospital we have both a "couch" that makes into a single bed for
family members staying with mom and we recently replaced the padded
recliner/ chair with a very nice glider chair.  I find many mom's like
sitting in bed the first day, only because they can prop their feet/legs up
and they usually have other family/father taking up the other seating.  I
personally find the gliders very comfortable with the exception of needing a
pillow to the back.  I am short and my feet don't quite touch the ground
otherwise.  It is difficult to get moms to use them sometimes though.  I
just assist where ever they are most comfortable.  Good luck.

Ann  Slaughter RN,IBCLC
Mobile, AL