Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 12:41:54 -0500
Here is the list I promised last week - based on stupid reasons to stop
breastfeeding - It's pretty short, but thanks to all who sent in items...

".My sister/best friend/cousin is getting married in two weeks and I am the
maid of honor and I don't want to leak on the dress. How do I wean NOW??!"

"My two year old is showing signs that she is jealous of the baby.  My
M-I-Law says it will be easier on little Sarah if I  stop nursing."

 a GP told a friend to stop breastfeeding her 1 year old
in order to take indocin for a painful bursitis.

because the baby had diarrhea - give pedialyte instead

stop for a week to see if it's breastfeeding jaundice

stop so mom can have general anesthesia for surgery

stop so mom can have pain meds after surgery

Note: I'm working on educating the source of the last two....

Gail Hertz, MD, IBCLC
Pediatric Resident
author of the little green breastfeeding book - disclaimer: owner of Pocket
Publications