Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2008 02:08:44 -0400
To all fellow Moms and breastfeeding moms. I have a problem with the whole
thing. I understand this is a historic time for women. And I commend her for all
her achievments. But what come first your family or job. First my brother has
Down Syndrome so I am talking with experience. My brother is almost 40 years
old. My mother worked very hard with my brother and it is a struggle everyday
with him. I don't think she understands the work that will go into that child's
development. Having a child with a disability can be a hard road. My mother
spent her whole life so far caring for my brother. Maybe the Gov. of Alaska can
jungle work and home but that child needs her care right now. My mom worked
nights so she can be home with us during the day. And my mom breastfeed us
even my brother who started out with eating problems. If she wanted to
advance her political career why have more children. Especially having a child
with a disability. And having a child with Down Syndrome why did she come
back to work in three days. What bonding did she have with this child. Also is
the Rep. Party using her child  as pawn for the election. I really hope not. I am
happy she is a breastfeeding mom and I hope she contiunes even during her
campaigning. But I hope she takes the time to understand she has more work
cut out for her than just possibly becoming the next Vice President.

Flo Jone RN MSN IBCLC
New Jersey