From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:49:02 +0100
I'm supporting a Mum who is pregnant, and nursing her 18 month old toddler.

She was prepared for pain and discomfort, but is shocked to find that
when he nurses, she is getting intensely sexual sensations instead.

It's far worse if she's lying down for feeds, but is extremely difficult
no matter the position.

It's driving her out of her mind, and she's finding herself considering
weaning, which she does not want to do.  Toddler is in day-care three
days a week, and Mum values the bonding time immensely.  But she's
totally unprepared for the level of sexual response she's experiencing,
and finding little mention of it anywhere.

I've talked through with her it's likely a physical response to the drop
in supply, and not a sudden change in the toddler's latch!

Thoughts, suggestions, or some references so she can see she's not the
only one, most welcome!

I did say Mums who were going through extreme pain, might feel this was
a better option, but she assures me it's not.  She simply cannot cope
with the intensity of the feeling, whilst nursing her little one, and
feels pain would actually be easier to deal with.

Thanks for you help!

Morgan Gallagher