Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:36:42 +0200
One of my dreams is a Latch Clinic where moms can come and practice
latch in the first few days after release from the hospital.  It would
be less costly than the visit of a lactation consultant, it would be in
a group setting, and they could come as often as they like to practice
their latch.  I think that most of the problems that you see are the
result of incorrect latch, and if they could get it right in the first
few days, they would not get into so much trouble later on.  Two days in
a hospital with only one lactation consultant is not enough.
IN my experience where I have done freebie post hospital visits in my
home for people who I really want to succeed so that they can help
others ( pediatricians, journalists, etc) it might take up to three
visits to get *the dance* correct..
Now we just need a huge donation to fund such a clinic so that the LC's
can get a salary but the moms don't have to pay so much.
Are there any such clinics out there?
Esther Grunis, IBCLC
Lis Maternity Hospital
Tel Aviv, Israel