From:
Tony & Val <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 14:29:27 +0800
Hi Valarie, this mum had no choice but to feed off a shield, otherwise she
would not have BF at all.  Her nipples are flat and baby won't attach
without it.  We will try and wean her off the shield once all this business
is cleared up.  I am sure you are right and the nipple shields had something
to do with the mastitis and possibly the low supply.  However, the affected
breast has always been a poor producer of milk, the good one has an abundant
supply, a shield has always been used on both breasts.
Val in Busselton, Western Australia
RN RM IBCLC