From:
Laurie Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 09:57:04 -0400
<< She informed me that she had ran out of prenatal vitamins for 2 days and
claimed that her baby was like another child  happy, sleeping at night and no
problems.  She then started taking her prenatal vit. and the fussiness  and
gassy symptoms returned.  She discontinued the vit again and 2 days later the
infant was again happy  and without symptom.

Has anyone ever heard of this  happening with the use of prenatal vit?  This
is a new one on me. >>

I have helped a few moms that reported a similar problem. In their cases, it
occurred to me that the iron may be the culprit since I had experienced an
intolerance myself. They got different vitamins (one with no iron, and one
with less), and the problem was solved. This made sense to me when I
remembered that some babies are put on formulas with less iron when they
manifest these symptoms and nothing else helps.

Laurie Moody (preparing to take the exam)