Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2012 07:23:21 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I just realized I left out a key word -- the mom of twins I saw who used 36 mm shields had BREASTS that were NOT much bigger than 36 mm.  I left out the NOT.  Tiny breasts in huge shields.  I never understood HOW that worked for her, but it did.  I watched her do it and it really didn't make sense that she released more milk with those shields than smaller shields, but that is exactly what happened.  

Her little breasts made tons of milk for her twins and they were able to go completely to feeding at the breast.  I would never in a million years have picked out 36 mm breast shields for her.  And I've seen very larger nipples that are plastered to the sides where moms claim it doesn't hurt at all.  Go figure.  So, now I just ask how it feels and suggest other sizes but never promise that the other size will work.  I usually give my estimates of what will work about a 90% chance of working.  The other 10% are surprises.

Best, Susan Burger

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2