From:
Helen Vermilya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:35:02 -0400
I hope you Lactnetters will be able to help.
Mother of three.  Never had a problem with other two breastfeeding.
Family fly to the midwest for emergency.  Baby is 6 months.  Never any
problems with baby nursing both breasts.  Never has taken a bottle.
After three months in the midwest flew home.
Baby then refused right breast.  Takes a couple sucks, comes off, looks at
mom as if to say, "What are you doing?"  Takes left breast well.  Tried
nursing on that side when sleepy.  No success.
Has continued to encourage taking of the breast. ? problems with ears from
flight.  To MD states ears ok.  Baby looking good.  Pumping that breast.
Obtaining 4 ounces.  Mother states no changes in breast that she is aware.
Suggestions:  Pump slightly before attempting to breastfeed
              Keep encouraging baby
              See physician to examine breast
              If will not breastfeed, can exclusively breastfeed on left breast,
     while other involutes
Any other suggestions I can give to this mother.
I am presently no mail, so if you could post me privately as well as to the
group.

TIA
Helen