From:
Carla Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 19:27:30 -0500
I need some ideas for a breastfeeding seminar I have the chance to teach.
The catch is I only get 35-45 mins. to teach, so I am struggling to decide
what are the "most" important things I want to get across in that time. The
person who taught this befome me used a flip chart with 10 questions and
answered them. I dont have acess to the chart so I am trying to figure out
the best approach for me.

All suggestions are appreciated. This is my first time teaching since
becoming a CLE. I mostly just answer a comfort line but I am really looking
forward to this seminar and really want the chance to potentially help more
people.

My ideas so far are to pass out cards and pencils so they can write down
questions they might be embarresed to ask out loud. Have handout of local
support groups, latch & postioning tearsheets, lists of breastfeeding books
and websites(?). And right now I was thinking of using the time to debunk
some breastfeeding myths.

Wise LactNetters please help.

Also I am curious if any of you know if it is possible for me to count this
experience as hours towards taking the IBCLC and if so how would I document
it?

Thanks in advance and feel free to contact me off the list if that is more
appropriate.

Carla
CLE
Nursing Mama to Tj-14 months