From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:20:11 -0700
Visiting policies are always a problem.  I address the issue with the new
parents as soon as I can.  In prenatal classes I let them know that feeding
the baby is a priority if they want to get breastfeeding going well.  I tell
dads, grandmas whoever that most new mothers need a little privacy when
feeding baby and they can help by watching the baby for feeding cues, then
asking any visiters to step out with them for awhile.  I also give them one
of our "mom and baby need some privacy" or "mom and baby napping" signs to
put on the door whenever they are feeding and want pricacy. This doesn't
always solve the problem but I think it can at least acknowledge the need
for the family to help.
Linda Rosetti
Clarkston, Wa