Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 21:10:01 -0700
So Ms. Sweet Young Thing showed up today with platters of California Rolls for lunch and showed off her new 2oz. formula bottles. I learned of this as I left the Discharge Class after teaching about BFing for 30 minutes. Interesting that she came to give her speech when I was otherwise occupied.

A couple of RNs invited me in for "free food!". I quickly found out who paid for it and explained that I won't be eating her food bought by our low-income moms in the grocery store and by our own tax dollars.
Some understood completely and ranted along with me.
Others said they just enjoy the food and that it doesn't influence THEM!. Still others rolled their eyes and took another roll.

Anyway, Ms. SWT bragged that her formula now has DOUBLE the amount of DHA and ARA (than before? or than the Other Guys? not sure)
More conversation with OB RNs and Nsy RNs. Where is DHA and ARA on the label? Probably not mandated by the Feds to be listed among the ingredients. But the carton does give brand names for these ingredients. So how do we know the amounts are double if no amounts are listed? One of the Nsy RNs went to ask her. She was "so surprised" that it wasn't listed! Well, she'll just have to go back to her office and ask!

Holding my breath.....  for a response...    gasp.....

Phyllis
Is double better? Double the IQ and double the vision? Or double the diarrhea? Wonder if they have an "agreement" with any diaper company?

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.