From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 11:42:02 +1000
I've been down to Sydney for the International conference on breastfeeding -
great to meet Kathy Dettwyler who was certainly the highlight of the
conference for me. (Funny how you imagine people to look totally different
to how they actually do.  I thought all Texans were blond, big-busted and
had lots of teeth!- and she doesn't look academic either!)  Anyway, I
digress.  One of our own Australian researchers who has been investigating
breastmilk for many many years gave an excellent talk on the microbiologic
effects of breastmilk and referred us to his web page which is well worth
looking at.
 www.latrobe.edu.au/www/microbio/milk.html
I found the information on the anti-viral properties of lactoferrin very
interesting.
Denise