From:
Brandy Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:14:26 -0500
Just a guess... based on personal experience and a couple of clients... has
it maybe nothing to do with 'her' per say and maybe her method of
storage/collection?

A couple of scenarios:
1. Not completely rinsing out milk from parts between pumpings--stored
droplets can cause some milk quality issues before freezing happens, while
milk is being stored at work/home/etc.

2. Lax/no washing of hands prior to pumping

3. Change in storage environment--ever go to the kitchen and realize the
kids didn't shut the freezer all the way?  Might not be too bad for milk
stored in the back of the fridge, but if any door storage and temperature
change (maybe coupled with already contaminated milk?) could cause a chance
for bacterial growth/milk breakdown?

4. Someone put pennies in her milk.

(okay, maybe not the last one, but I remember tasting some spoiled breast
milk once, and it was like I just vomited pennies)

Could be as easy as paying closer attention to hygiene & storage.

Just thoughts for consideration.

Brandy J. Hansen, IBCLC
The Mobile LC
309-319-6169