From:
Debra Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:10:57 -0400
I work in a 450 bed hospital setting.  We have 3000 deliveries a year. In an
effort to better serve our mothers and babies we are trying to increase our
FTE's.  We have been given the task of collecting data from similar size
hospitals.  We need the following information:
1.  How large is your hospital?
2.  How many deliveries do you have each year?
3.  What is your breastfeeding percentage?
4.  How many FTE's are designated for lactation?
5.  What is your cesarean rate?
6.  Are C/S moms able to breastfeed in the recovery room?
7.  Do the lactation consultants see all breastfeeding mothers?
8.  When do the lactation consultants first see the mothers?
9.  Do you make follow-up calls to your moms after discharge?  When?
10. What services do your lactation department provide?
11. What do you do to get your mothers to consider breastfeeding?
12. Do you keep statistics on how long your mothers are breastfeeding?
13. Do you see out patients?
14. Where are you located?
I know this is lengthy and I appreciate your time in helping us provide
better care for our moms and babies.
You can e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]
TIA.
Debra Knight, R.N., ICCE