From:
"Henry, Felicia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:29:06 -0800
My co-Leader was saying one day that the difference that moms feel between a
Lactina and Classic may be psychological (as per Winnie post) and I believe
in part in can be true - I mean you've seen the Lactina.  I had a mom come
to me (actually to see me my job since I am considered the "pump expert")
her baby was in the NICU and she was using a Classic in the hospital.  When
she was discharged she went to a local LC who "didn't have a rental pump
available" and was about to sell her a Pump in Style, until they got up to
leave then a Lactina suddenly became available.  She was getting less than
half per pumping session - but I feel it was because her first thought when
she hooked it up was how could it work, it just moves the manual pump
plunger back and forth.  That may make a mom feel that it can't work as good
since the LC told them anything less than a PNS won't work for anything.

Felicia Henry
Bradley Instructor
LLLL
Oxnard, CA