From:
rebecca b saenz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 09:39:16 -0500
Can she explain to her boss that if she weren't breastfeeding, she'd have
to miss an average of 17 days of work in the coming year due to baby
illness, then ask if she can take it in 15-minute increments instead?  Are
there smokers where she works that are allowed unscheduled breaks because
they "have" to have their cigarette?  Perhaps she could tell them she's
"addicted" to the pump and will go into "withdrawal" (engorgement) if her
"craving" isn't satisfied? (Tongue planted very far in cheek!)

Becky Saenz, MD
Assistant Professor
University of MS Medical Center
Department of Family Medicine