From:
Alicia Dermer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 07:34:23 -0400
Amitriptylene is listed as "use with caution" but in Lawrence, its %
adult dose in milk is 0.8 and one study did not detect any drug in
infant's urine or serum; it peaks in milk at 1.5 hrs. Since 20 mg is a
very low dose (it doesn't state at what dose the study was done), it
probably is fine, especially given after the last nursing at bedtime.
You don't say the age of this baby.  As usual, medications are of more
concern the younger the baby.
As for the Baby ------ Book, I have a request.  Although we're not
supposed to plug commercial products on the 'net, I can't see any reason
for not mentioning the full name of the book.  I, for one, can't guess
what book you're talking about.  I do share with you the frustration
about health care professionals who hold fast to non-research-based
advice.  Good luck, Alicia.  [log in to unmask]