From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:00:53 -0700
I showed Helping a Mother Breastfeed to our family practice residents.
It is 20 minutes long, and the really essential part is less than 15
minutes.  The photography is superb and the midwife's manner in dealing
with the mother is very instructional.  It shows both good and bad latch
and how to tell which is which.  Bad latch is brief and there is lots of
good latch with good commentary to show what to watch for.  An excellent
video showing good latch and positioning in various positions is
Breastfeeding:  A Guide to Successful Positioning.  It shows how to get
mom comfortable in each position and shows lots of good latches.  I plan
to show this to our residents also.  Both videos are made in England,
are available from Childbirth Graphics, and are reasonably priced.  If
you need more info, let me know.

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the sunny S.W. USA