From:
Libby Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:41:16 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Libby Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, April 15, 2002 4:50 PM
Subject: Mom with Hodgkins

We have a mom  that we have been seeing in our clinic, baby had been gaining very well, large milk supply, baby had frequent and loose stools, severe diaper rash, that has gotten better with one sided nursing, plus the Dr. had her do one oz. of a new formula for diarrhea that I had not heard of, baby has more gas now, but is over the rash ( no conventional means helped that) but mom wondered whether the radiation she had on her chest might have impacted the milk in  it's content (foremilk, hindmilk, components)  She nursed her first with no problems, then was diagnosed with Hodgkins, went through much radiation and is in remision.   The only thing I knew of was a supply concern after radiation with scarring, but that is not the issue, I couldn't answer confidently that their might not be some other changes?  I know it doesn't seem likely but wise people give me your feedback, as she just feels that it is different this time.  Thanks,
Libby Rosen, RN,IBCLC
Topeka, Kansas