Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:20:59 EST
I recall an immunologist speaking at ILCA several conferences ago mentioning
that his very informal observations (not research) pointed out that infant who
were highly allergic tended to have hair that stood straight up.  The roomful
of attendees laughed but began to note the same findings.  I agree with Jack
that it might well be folklore, but it was an interesting statement.  I liken
it to the old wives' tale that if mom has lots of indigestion during the
pregnancy, baby will have lots of hair.  Working with a large Hispanic
population whose infants are born with a head full of dark hair, I hear this
on a daily basis.  It would be easy (although not research-based) to assume
that it proves the tale true!!

Kathy in San Antonio, TX