From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:24:52 EDT
I know because mothers have been given "things" upon hosp or birth center
discharge that they've come to expect it, but isn't the most precious
gift of all the baby that they take home with them?!  My children are older
and last born at home so I was never given anything (except water bottles
with my first which was a lousy gift-it caused nipple confusion and damaged
nipples!) yet I felt like the richest person in the world carrying my babies
out.

Maybe this message could be conveyed, espec at a birth center where things
tend to be a "more natural."  A few instruction and information sheets and a
free return breastfeeding eval. visit would offer a whole lot more to moms
and babies than a tote bag.   Who says moms have to get freebies from a hosp
or birth center?  It seems the formula co were the ones to start it so why
can't we let it go?

Barbara Latterner