From:
Susan O'Hara-Brill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:57:56 -0400
I live in Chapel Hill where I am in private practice as an IBCLC, and
where I have the great good fortune of being able to participate in
both local and statewide BF coalitions and where our advocacy effort
is really taking shape and flourishing, partly due to the membership
of the 2 women described below, who join an already very
distinguished team.

Miriam Labbok first qualified as an OB/GYN, is also IBCLC, and is
active with the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine. She has taught at
Georgetown University, worked at WHO and most recently at UNICEF. She
is a titan of breastfeeding advocacy and I for one am thrilled that
she is now also a neighbor and a friend, as well as Mary Rose Tully
who is director of Lactation Services at UNC Women's Hospital, & one
of the founders of the Raleigh Human Milk Bank and active with
HMBANA: and a faculty member at UNC SPH and the CIYCFC.

As to the specific curriculum for the MPH in Optimal infant feeding,
I can not provide any details, but I can say that from hearing
interactions between Miriam, Mary Rose and MPH students that they are
totally committed to turning out folks who really know what they are
about.

Regards,
Susan O'Hara-Brill