From:
Susan Wittner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:24:55 EST
regarding party of five, I had quite a different take on how it was presented.
I didn't really see anyone judging the mother, they seemed to be giving her
time, the father even said don't judge her, you don't know. Yes, the staff was
presented as very cold, but at least they tried to encourage the mom to bf and
didn't threaten with ABM. The dad encouraged and supported, saying her
feelings were "normal" and would pass. No extermist intervention or labeling.
Many of us have experienced less than ideal hospital experiences, complete
with unprofessional behavior and/or lack of consideration for privacy. Maybe
this could have been presented differently, but the outcome was positve, and
within the supposed timeframe, after short-lived difficulty.
I always hated being a hospital patient anyway and am super critical of non-
professional behavior.
Susan Wittner, RN, BSN, who should be studying instead of watching tv!