From:
Patrica Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:03:02 -0500
Have had similar problems with an anorexic BF mom.  BF 1st until I told her
it wouldn't help to be BF (he was about 10 mo.)  and have a dead mom :-(
She was 75 lb at time.  BF 2nd baby a little less (8 mo or so).  I have
issues with her about feeding the kids properly (she doesn't.)  Lately have
pulled dad into the issue by telling him if mom won't feed little girl then
he must see it is done before and after work!  She is 2, very small for
age, can gain if someone pays attention to it.  Very complex and sad
situation.  Only good thing she has done is be sure there will be no more
babies.  PS both babies did OK as infants, grew appropriately when breast
only.  Which shows what the body can and will do with limited resources.
Sincerely, Pat in SNJ