From:
Juhasz Judit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:43:55 +0100
Barb Strange írta:
> Apparently Ezzo-like thinking is not unique to North America:
>
> Kocsis E, Forgacs A, Marton S.  [The role of knowledge about breast-feeding
> and infant nutrition in selecting the method of feeding]
> Orv Hetil. 2001 Dec 23;142(51):2845-9. Hungarian.
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_ui
> ds=11828934&dopt=Abstract
>
> Depressing to think about ....
>
> Barb Strange

I'm sorry, I'm a bit behind in reading Lactnet I've just read this...

This article has nothing to do with Ezzo. I tried to translate the
abstract (sorry for my non-perfect English):

"The authors has examined 91 primipara in their 2nd-3rd trimester in
relation to their knowledge and misbeliefs about breastfeeding. In the
questionnaire there were 60 correct and incorrect statements and the
mothers had to mark the degree of their agreement with each statement on
a five-degree scale.
There was significant difference between the mothers who (later)
finished breastfeeding before the 6. month and the mothers who were
breastfeeding beyond 6 months in the judgement of the following statements:
1. The baby who is breastfed too long is more difficult to get detached
from his mother and becomes less independent.
2. A bottlefeeding mother can develop such as good relationship with her
baby as the breastfeeding mother with hers.
3. Mother should prevent baby from falling asleep during nursing by
pinching him thus making him more active.
4. If the infant falls asleep during nursing he'll become a bad nurser.
5. A mother can make her baby give up crying at night if she doesn't get
him used to being picked up every time he's crying.
6. Father is kept out of the intimate breastfeeding relationship.
The correction of these misbeliefs may increase the duration of
breastfeeding."

Judit Juhász, LLLL Hungary