From:
Beverley Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:25:15 +1000

Most of these positions are temporary solutions for early days.

My grandson would only feed this way from the underside of the breast
because he could not strip the underside due to a short tongue.  His tongue
grew
before "he became an embarrassment".  He had a tongue tie and so does his
sister but my daughter-in-law chose not to have them snipped.  My grand
daughter is still breastfeeding and my grandson is looking good, tall for
his age and bright as a button!  (What else would they be?)

However, breastfeeding sure became the topic of conversation  what an
advertisement for the importance of breastfeeding.  My daughter in law was
a delight who when I suggested it and  fell about laughing, but loved her
son and breastfeeding so much she would try anything.

My son remarked that I was getting to know his wife really well when I
helped her to express blocked ducts  2 hourly during the night.   I had
flown from Melbourne to Perth after the first birth and the full disaster
was there.  Cracked nipples blocked ducts and mastitis.

Thank goodness for the Australian position.  Jan Edwards first showed this
to me about eight years ago.  Thank you Jan