From:
DAVISRNCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 21:06:10 EST
I have had it with this taking babies off the breast because of jaundice.
You won't believe this one, it was new to me anyway.
The mom was told (5 day old baby bili down to 17 from 20) that the formula
would *pull* the biliruben into the intestines so baby could get rid of it.
And that she HAD to supplement for 2 weeks to make sure it ALL cleared from
the baby's body.  She was pumping and throwing her precious milk away feeding
the baby at the breast faithfully for 5 minutes (no more per the doctor) and
giving that ****
OH PLEASE.  Someone save these poor moms and  me from idiocy!!!!!
Why do we always have go back to BASIC physiology every single time when it
comes to jaundice?
What happens to these professionals when they get past medical school?  I sat
and gave a mini in service about wound healing the other day.  To people who
should have know how it works.  Didn't they learn that in medical school?
Don't they use wound healing information every day?
Once again off the soap box
Thanks my blood pressure feels lower already
Marie Davis, RN, IBCLC