From:
Annelies Bon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:46:54 +0000
I find this discussion very interesting. At the one side official
recommendations (eg that of the AAP) that says vaccinations (including
rubella vaccinations) aren't contradicted for breastfeeding, at the
other side, people who are really experts who says that there are rare
circumstances in which it can be dangerous.

To me it shows again that whatever general rule there is , there are
allways exceptions on it, esp when we deal with human beings.  Isn't
this something we all see when dealing with babies? Sometimes babies
doesn't act as we would expect, based on our knowledge. It's this that
makes the work fascinating, and it keeps us focused on the child itself
instead of on 'rules'.

Thanks for the discussion.
--
Annelies Bon
bf counsellor in training of the Dutch bf org "Borstvoeding Natuurlijk"