From:
Ann Kingrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:56:24 -0500
After reading all the posts on the frustration regarding free formula gifts, and
agreeing wholeheartedly, I have a question for all of you.

How many of the hospital-based IBCLCs see the formula reps have ready
access to the Newborn Nursery and NICU?  I work in a hospital in central
Louisiana, and the formula reps here are more than welcome into both places
to pass out their loot, much to my dismay.

I've often wondered how this happens?  The Gentamycin and Ampicillin drug
reps don't come and visit us, wooing us with their pens and pads, and we
certainly use a great deal of their product.

After a long day of looking at all the new name badge holders brought in this
week by a new rep (and trading out a few of them), I was just wondering
what other hospitals see.

Thank you for your time,
Ann Kingrey, RN, BSN, IBCLC
Central Louisiana