From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 11:45:19 -0500
Hi All,

Had to tell you what happened to me yesterday reight here inmy own home.  It
was really frustrating.
My landlord, who is also a good friend, came over to do some work.  When he
got here I was in the middle of BF Ben, my 15 mo old.  I did'nt even bother
to pop Ben off the breast when I opened the door, because he was asleep and I
didn't want him to wake up.  My friend couldn't see anything, and he's seen
me BF Ben before, so I thought nothing of it, and besides, I BF in front of
strangers whenever I go out and Ben needs to eat, so why not at home in front
of a friend?
Anyway, to make a long story short, for the rest of the time he was here, he
kept looking at my breasts instead of my face!  I finally asked him to leave,
since he was done with the wrok and I had things to do, and quite frankly I
was getting tired of being stared at in that manner!
His behavior made me understandably uncomfortable, and I don't think I will
be BF in front of him EVER again!  Isn't it sad when things like this happen?
 Happening in public is not so bad for me, 'cause I know that I am still in a
minority, and I don't care what strrangers think, but to have this happen in
my own home!  AARRGGHH!!
BTW, his wife also BF their son.  If he wants to stare at BF breasts don't
you think he ought to go home and stare at his wife?  If my hubby knew about
this he'd be furious!  Actually, the more I think about it, the more angry I
get.  I really felt violated.
So, we need to not only encourage moms to BF at home and in public, but now
it seems that we need to teach people how to be polite when a woman is BF!
Sigh.  Maybe someday BF will again be the norm...

Jay
(Who has been violated 1 to many times in the past by rude men and wishes
they would learn some manners!)  (Not saying that all men are rude!!  My
Hubby is the greatest! An I know that our guys here on Lactnet would NEVER do
what my landlord and other unintelligent guys do! )  (Did I say that ok. or
have I still managed to offend someone?  I hope not! )