Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:14:42 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
I hope this is appropriate to send on Lactnet but I felt I must write to let all of you know what a wonderful support group the worldwide Breastfeeding fraternity is. 7 weeks ago my gorgeous 31 year old husband was tragically killed when his Royal Australian Air Force F-111 jet crashed into a mountainous island off Malaysia. On that very day I happened to be a guest lecturer to several hundred people at a Nursing Mother's Counsellors Conference in Brisbane. It was a very public accident , making the papers in every state in Australia. I received literally hundreds of e-mails, cards, bouquets of flowers and phone calls from Nursing mothers groups Australia wide - most from people who had only heard of me through the conference. It was a tremendous support and encouragement to my 3 young children and myself. For any Australians reading this who have sent flowers and messages- thank you from the bottom of my heart.
DR. KIM SHORT  MBBS,IBCLC
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
PS. My husband's navigator was naturally killed as well. His wife is presently breastfeeding their only child age 12 months. The baby has been totally disrupted due to mother's stress and is waking 5-7 times a night and my friend is desperate. Any ideas on how to help her?

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2