From:
Ros Escott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:05:54 +1100
I heard (via email) from a mother today who has a 4 week old baby.  After
each feeding, she feels a painful tingling in part of her areola (where the
baby's lower jaw has been), radiating down into her breast. This lasts for
approx. an hour after feeding. It is not there while she is feeding. She is
an experienced breastfeeding mother, no other problems. No other details.

My first thought was thrush, but I wanted to ask you all if you have ever
come across it only in one lobe, and apparently not spreading?  Any other
suggestions as to possible causes of this problem?

Ros Escott BAppSc IBCLC
Hobart, Tasmania