From:
Judy Holtzer Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 1995 15:03:07 -0900
Joy, You took the words out of my mouth! I also find virtually everything
about lactation incredibly fascinating. Your explanation of autocrine
control of milk production was wonderful. I've been trying to adapt this
to a complaint that I seem to hear a lot: less milk in the late afternoon
and evening. If the baby nursed avidly and well all during the day, moms
should have a *terrific* supply by evening. Could this be misperception
on their part (which I'm coming more and more to suspect)? I seem to hear
of many babies having a kvetchy period around this time, which has
nothing but nothing to do with hunger or thirst. They're just kvetchy and
that's that. Can moms be playing that ever-popular game of
"Blame-the-Milk"? Your explanation makes soooooo much sense. Judy K.