From:
Lana Hergott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:49:36 -0400
Hello Wise Women,

I am walking in the 'weekend to end breast cancer' this year and am hoping to
promote Breastfeeding for Breast Health.  I am looking for statistics (ie.
breastfeeding reduces your risk of breast cancer by X% or breastfeeding
reduces your babies risk of developing breast cancer by x%)  I realize that the
more effective message would be - NOT Breastfeeding increases your risk by
X% or NOT receiving breastmilk increases your baby's risk of devloping breast
cancer by x%, but I feel that those comments would be far to inflamitory for
the crowd I'm addressing.  My hope is to get some good slogans about
breastfeeding reducing cancer risk printed up on T-Shirts with the statistics
on the back.   Any good slogans out there?   The breast cancer campaign has
gotten to be so huge - it's high time we got this message out there via. this
campaign.  I'd like to get some stuff out in the media & bring attention to the
importance of USING our breasts to keep them healthy.

Thanks in advance for sharing any current stats. or quotes you may have
about breastfeeding and breast cancer.

Sincerely,

Lana Hergott, IBCLC, LLL