From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 08:08:32 PST
Kathy D,
That poor mom sounds miserable. I know all women are different and know
that some have vaginal symptoms in early months of lactation due to
lower estrogen. I don't think that stopping the nursing once a day at
bedtime will make a big difference. I bet the toddler nurses only
briefly anyway then falls asleep.
The estrogen cream was the first thing I thought of. There is also
astroglide (previously discussed on lactnet) as a good product
(lubricant) if needed for intercourse. There is also a product called
Replens I think to restore vaginal moisture (at least that's how it's
advertised). As to the good/bad bacteria she could use acidophillus or
these new probiotics to restore balance. I think she really needs a good
OB/GYN doctor to help her sort out these symptoms. Is she an older mom
nearing menopause/perimenopause?

Laurie Wheeler, RN, MN, IBCLC
Louisiana Breastfeeding MediaWatch Campaign
Violet Louisiana, USA
mailto:[log in to unmask]