From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 00:05:33 -0400
One of our OB Drs asked me about the current data regarding birth control
pills and breastfeeding.  He has used the standard combination pill for moms
regardless of breastfeeding and found no ill effects in regards to
production.  He said maybe a transient decrease supply.  He also didn't have
a lot of good to say about the mini pill.  I told him that it was my
understanding that the pill containing estrogen can decrease supply and that
the progesterone only pill was better for breastfeeding moms, but that even
that can leave some moms with a decrease.  He wanted some HARD (his emphasis)
to back up the decrease in supply of either med.  I told him I'd look into
it... I will give him what I found in Lawrence too.  So what do the
collective minds on lactnet have... now remember this guy will laugh at me if
I don't show Dr. proof studies.

Lactatingly yours in Clarkston
A nurse who loves to help latch on
Cruising the net