Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2014 10:25:35 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (41 lines)
I've only seen one mom with it who went back to standard Medela flanges.  The fit was not good.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom & Melinda Lueck
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 10:09 PM
Subject: asking again

Hi all,

I'm being asked to give my blessing for the DME provider attached to our hospital to carry the Freemie breast pump.  I've asked for feedback on that pump here on Lactnet before and response was not overly enthusiastic.  Does anyone have any fantastic news about this pump?  My concern is that the headline on the website says "Pump While you Play,"  and there is a picture of a mom lying down and playing with her baby (assumed to be pumping at the same time) and yet the instructions say to sit up straight and not recline or lay down while using the pump or it may spill. Seems like misleading advertising and a red flag to me.  I'm just afraid that if we make this available, women will choose this pump over more appropriate types for a baby in the NICU, etc. Not that they couldn't find it somewhere else, but I want to provide good and appropriate products.

Any other feedback?

Thanks!

Melinda Lueck, RN, BSN, IBCLC

Perrysburg, OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2