From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:26:35 EST
Just a thought...on the thread of moms not having time to continue a feed
(breastfeed) due to needs of other children how about suggesting mom wears
the baby in a sling and then can be mobile and still continue to breastfeed?
Having done it myself, even though my girls are widely spaced it still came
in handy, I often encourage moms to wear and feed their babies.  Some
actually follow up on the idea and find it also often works for the reluctant
nurser-the skin contact certainly helps, too.  Not that all feeds should be
done on the go but I've found giving moms an alternative to sitting and
nursing "all the time" makes them feel better and more apt to continue BFing
(breastfeeding).

I especially recommend "slinging it" for cluster feeds and those evening
marathons as moms so often want to bottle feed then.

There are inexpensive slings on the market, too.  One company in Hawaii (no
affilliation, just have the info) that is cheaper than the rest.

Hope this helps.

Barbara Latterner, BSN,RN,IBCLC