From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:22:16 -0400
I have a few words of encouragement for those who will be taking this test
as well. First, of all, it is a base line, ENTRY LEVEL test.   That is the
irony of it. As we move through the phases of our professional careers, it
is somewhat flummoxing to me that we need to keep taking the same ENTRY
LEVEL test to practice what we have been practicing for however many years
we have been practicing it.  I have been practicing since 1993, and I
certainly hope I have moved past entry level skill level.  That being said
(and yes it is a complaint), I encourage you all to follow Coach Smith's
advice...it is very appropriate to do so.  I think we THINK it is harder
than it is.... When in fact, it is not so.  It is what we know, so we hardly
will forget these things when we sit down and look at the slides, questions.
The worry comes that some question will be tricky, or approach things in
some new fangled way that our old fangled brain hasn't heard of.  That isn't
going to happen either. Just don't expect complex.  Expect basics and don't
overthink things.  It's the basics, remember.  By reading Lactnet, I think
we cover the basics on a weekly basis,...and if not, we refer to things that
we can go and read about, look up, etc.  That is partly why I created this
list, to connect us all and to remind us of good practice in our
professional work.

It's going to be a piece of cake. Or pie. What type of pie do you like? : )

Like Linda says, chocolate is medicinal, and a good piece of Swiss, or
English chocolate (see today's NY Times for an article on English candy bars
being superior)... Have some ready, and just DO IT.  Ilene, you've been
doing this a long time, remember.  They aren't going to outthink
you,....that is just crazy.  You'll do WONDERFULLY.

I'll bet anyone a nickel (and I'll have a stack ready and envelopes) that
they will pass.  Wanna take me up on it?

Kathleen : )

Kathleen Bruce RN IBCLC
Independent consultant:
Lactation Resources of Vermont, Medela, Inc. Listowner Lactnet listserv

Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or